Information about the practice

Can I have a chaperone?

Please note if you are having an intimate examination a chaperone can be provided. This service is available to both male and female patients. Please discuss this with your doctor. Our chaperones are all fully trained to perform their duties.

Can you help me if I have a dental problem?

Unfortunately, we are unable to help if you have a dental problem and so we will ask you to see your dentist. If you are looking for dental care the NHS Choices website can help you find a NHS dentist. For urgent Dental Care please call 111 for the NHS 111 service.

What if I have communication needs?

We want to get better at communicating with our patients. We want to make sure you read and understand the information we send you. If you find it hard to read our letters or if you need someone to support you at appointments, please contact us.

What is a CCG?

Clinical Commissioning Groups (CCGs) work with patients and healthcare professionals, and in partnership with local communities and local authorities. On their governing body, CCGs have, in addition to GPs, at least one registered nurse and a doctor who is a secondary care specialist (someone who specialises in hospital-based care). Groups have boundaries that will not normally cross those of local authorities. All GP practices must belong to a Clinical Commissioning Group.

Get a sick or fit note

Making it easier to deal with paperwork.

We consider getting back to work to be an important part of recovering from ill health, and to support this all requests for sick notes - both initial requests or extensions - must be discussed with a GP either in person or by telephone. Please contact reception to make a suitable appointment.

Employee’s statement of sickness to claim Statutory Sick Pay

If you are an employee and you’ve been off sick for 4 or more days in a row, then you need to claim Statutory Sick Pay (SSP) from your employer. To do this, you will need to complete an SC2 form and submit this to your employer.

Get your test results

If you have had a blood test, x-ray or scan it is important you find out the result.

Whilst we try to contact everyone with abnormal results, you should not assume that no news is good news.

Please ensure we have your up to date contact details, especially your mobile phone number and email.

How do I find out my result?


The easiest way to find out your test result is via the online portal. Once you register for online services, then it is simply a matter of logging into the portal and visiting the 'patient record' section and clicking on 'view test results'.

You can even look up historical results by visiting the 'patient record' section and clicking on 'full clinical record'.

You will be able to read the Doctor's comment and see the actual result.

If you need further tests or treatment, then this will be indicated alongside the results and you can arrange this via the online portal or by contacting reception.

Login to online services.

By phone

When you attend for a test of any kind you will be told how long you should expect to wait for the results. Please bear this in mind and call the surgery after 11.00am once sufficient time has elapsed.

Our reception staff are not qualified to comment on results therefore it is your responsibility to check them and make any necessary follow-up appointment with the doctor.

Please note that we do have a strict policy regarding confidentiality and data protection. In this respect we will only give out results to the person they relate to unless that person has given prior permission for their release or if they are not capable of understanding them.